I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday and not too many of you were stranded due to the East Coast blizzard! I was supposed to fly back to NYC on Tuesday, but my flight was canceled so now I’m finally returning tomorrow. It was nice to spend a few extra days with my parents, but their internet wasn’t working, so I’m really delayed in getting a few blogs up. But I’m at my sister and brother-in-law’s for New Year’s Eve and can FINALLY post something! Hooray!
Back in August, I did an online chat with the fabulous Jessica of ChickLitTeens.com and Kay Cassidy, author extraordinaire of The Cinderella Society, as part of their “10 in 10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge.” (Details at http://www.chicklitteens.com/2009/12/10-in-10-teen-chick-lit-challenge.html).
As 2010 closes, I wanted to share with you my list of the Teen Chick Lit books that I read, and loved, in 2010. Enjoy!
1) Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
2) Bedeviled: Daddy’s Little Angel by Shani Petroff
3) Heist Society by Ally Carter
4) The Daughters by Joanna Philbin
5) Reality Check by Jen Calonita
6) Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
7) Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski
8) Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott
9) Waiting for You by Susane Colasanti
10) The Duff by Kody Keplinger
11) Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
I’m not able to do a lot of reading while I’m writing (since I should be writing!), so I was shocked that I not only read a bunch of awesome books that fit the category, but that I read 11! I did read #6-10 on vacation in August, plus a fabulous “adult” novel, The Opposite of You, which I’ll be blogging about next. I was in Costa Rica, which was beautiful, but since I’m super pale, I can’t really be in the sun so I stayed under an umbrella and read the entire time. It was heaven!
Happy Reading…and Happy New Year!