TAKE A BOW Excerpt!

Hope you all have been enjoying TAKE A BOW SNEAK PEEK WEEK! I know I have! HUGE thanks to Mundie Moms, Novel Novice, Eve’s Fan Garden, and Page Turner’s for hosting different excerpts all this week. And of course, big thanks to my publisher, Point/Scholastic for letting us do this.

To recap, Take a Bow beings with the auditions of the four main characters (click on links to read):

CARTER

SOPHIE

ETHAN

EMME

After that it jumps to Senior year, from Emme’s point of view. It’s pretty long, so please note that you have to go to the second page to finish reading it! So without further ado, more from Take a Bow!

SENIOR YEAR – EMME

I never in a million years thought I’d be sitting here. Well, truth be told, I think that every time I’m in CPA’s auditorium. Freshman year, sitting with Sophie by my side, I couldn’t believe I’d made it in. Then sophomore year, I was shocked that I’d survived the first year. Junior year was the biggest surprise since I’d almost wanted to sabotage my audition for that semester because I was so tired — tired of the auditions we have to do to be accepted each semester, tired of the extra classes and studios, tired of the concerts, the pressure, the competition. The constant competition.

Fortunately for me, the music composition department is the least competitive of all the programs. Ethan, Ben, Jack, and I work together on pretty much every project, and have since the very first day of school.

But other groups don’t have it so easy. Jack’s girlfriend, Chloe, is in the dance department, and she has to eat her protein bars in secret during lunch. It’s a double competition, to see who can dance the best and eat the least.  It’s as if being the skinniest person in the group is a badge of honor, not an eating disorder.

The drama department is full of . . . well, drama. I stay far away from anybody in that department when a show is being cast. It’s not pretty. Leading up to the auditions, there is backstabbing and sabotage of Hamlet proportions, and when the cast list is posted, those without parts are les misérables.

And then there’s Sophie. As we wait for our first assembly of senior year to begin, I look four rows in front of me to where Sophie is sitting with Carter. Sophie’s had it a lot rougher than me and I feel so guilty. After all, if it wasn’t for Sophie, I wouldn’t even be here.

(Click below on Page 2 to continue reading…)

Share the love:

Pages: 1 2

Tags:

24 Responses to “TAKE A BOW Excerpt!”

1. Connie Onnie says:

I knew I shouldn’t have read it, I knew it was just going to torture me that I have to wait. I will try and reconcile myself to be excited to have something to look forward to but right now I feel like being dramatic and tortured. ;)

• Awww, Connie! I didn’t mean to torture you, well… maybe a little! But the book should start hitting shelves late March (it’s not a strict on-sale) so only a few more weeks. I promise it’ll be worth the wait! XOXO

2. Mundie Moms says:

I adore these excerpts! THANK YOU so much for such a fabulous preview week!- Katie

• Thank YOU Katie for being part of the sneak peek week! :) XOXO

And Chloe – I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed the preview. Please don’t let the anxiety kill you though, then you wouldn’t get to find out what happens! :)

3. Chloe says:

Ackkk the anxiety is KULLINg me!!!! I cannot wait to read this book like arghhh I NEED to know what happened to Ethan and Emme I seriously love them both oh and Sophie to. Also I love these books where you can read from different points of view THANK YOU!!!!! Now all need is the rest if the book…

4. Nelly Alonzo says:

This is great!!
    I have to say it I already love Carter, I want to know more about him,
    I am looking fowardo to april.
    I am from Guatemala ( a country in Central America, we talk spanish in our country), and I really I fell in love with you book.
    Thanks for this sneak peek.

• Thanks Nelly! :) And I’m so happy that my Spanish publisher just announced that Take a Bow (Spanish title: “Del material del que estan hechos los suenos”) will be coming out in Spain on April 11th with other countries to follow. Hooray!

5. Gil Almeida says:

I am so anxious to read the book, I hope it arrives soon as possible here in Brazil!
    I loved the characters and the story!
    Thanks for the Sneak Peak. :)

6. Christy Johnson says:

I LOVE your writing! You are brilliant!! I can not wait to sit down and devour every page in this book. Thank you so much for the sneak peak.

7. Flor Reyes says:

Oh my gosh, I totaly love it, You are a woderful writer <3 I fell in love with the book, with Carter and Emme, I can relate to her, and the name of the book in spanish it's so beautiful 'Del material del que estan hechos los sueños' I can't wait to have the book in Mexico. I as soon I get my copy I will tweet you <3 thanks for making this amazing book. xoxo :D

8. Margaret says:

Ugh!! It looks so good! Now I cannot wait to read it!! Carter and Emme are my favorites so far.

9. Mary says:

OMG!!! Looks so amazing. Can’t wait for it to come out. Sounds like the best book that Elizabeth has ever wrote yet. I love Emme and Ethan, defentily my favourite characters. Its killing me not knowing what happened between them in the summer.

10. lucy says:

i just read ‘the lonely hearts club’, and the way you write just makes me obsessed to keep reading! now, i have to wait until this book comes out in mexico, hope it’ll be soon i need to know wth happened in the summer …..

11. [...] Check out the other stops on the tour and get to know the other characters. Click here. [...]

12. Nary says:

Book was on-shelf here in Halifax Great Book no disapointment here as it owned up to the Eulberg expectations :)

13. Surbhi says:

You know what? That book is totally worth it…………. every time your books get better! Love it!!! <3

14. Rebecca says:

I just finished reading The Lonely Hearts club and it was fantastic, I am so excited for Take A Bow, when is it coming to Australia?

15. Roisin says:

I just read the excerpt and I can’t wait to read the book!!! You have just gained a new fan!!! I love the characters and the storyline. Love from Ireland :)

16. Sara says:

Dear Elizabeth, you have no idea how excited i am for this book!
    I read Prom & Prejudice and The Lonely Hearts Club and i love them! <3
    I cant wait to read TAB here in Guatemala.
    Best regards!